CHEA EVENT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
CHEA’s Event Manager oversees and organizes events that will make an impact for private Christian home education including but not limited to the CHEA Annual Convention and periodic regional and online conferences. This person will ensure events are successful and cost- effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
An event manager is a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements
- Work closely with Team CHEA to ensure a successful event
- Ability to run Zoom meetings and webinars
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Be in charge of finding volunteers to fill the various roles needed
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise event staff
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- See the event through to completion and do all follow up communications and payments in the weeks
- immediately following the event
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports.
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Computer-savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in the use of Zoom
- Working knowledge of online registration platforms
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
If this describes you, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put “Event Manager” in the subject line.