CHEA ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
CHEA is now accepting resumés for Administrative Assistant. We would love to consider applications from recently “graduated” Christian homeschool parents available to work 20-25 hours per week. Because this position is a combination of virtual and in-person work, we will consider applicants in the Inland Empire area. The office is located in Jurupa Valley. If you are passionate about private Christian home education and would like to be a part of a team doing meaningful work for God’s kingdom, we want to hear from you.
The duties and responsibilities include providing customer service, as well as administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the office. Supports the general manager and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization, communication, and events both virtual and in person. Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of private Christian home education concepts, practices, and procedures.
Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Typically reports to the General Manager.
- Provide homeschool customer service via phone and email
- Organize and schedule meetings, appointments
- Handle multiple projects
- Maintain contact lists
- Assist in the preparation or collection of regularly scheduled reports
- Generate reports
- Order office supplies
- Ensure operation of office equipment.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of staff meetings
- Coordinate office procedures if needed
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Support event management team during virtual events and convention season
- Maintain up-to-date employee holiday and vacation calendar
ASSISTING GENERAL MANAGER:
- Write letters and emails on her behalf
- Manage appointments
- Book travel arrangements
- Do research
- Admin or assistant experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Docs
- Experience in the private Christian home educating community
- High school diploma or equivalent
TOP SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES:
- MS Office skills
- Virtual Meeting & Event Skills
- Problem Solving
- Inventory and Supply Management
- Verbal Communication
- Office Administration Procedures
- Typing Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Telephone Etiquette
- Discretion and Judgment
If this describes you, please submit a resume to [email protected]. Put “Admin Assistant” in the subject line.