Each year CHEA awards a $1000 scholarship to a graduating home-educated student who is going to a college, university, or accredited career or vocational school in the fall following high school graduation. Each Support Network Group may nominate two students for the Susan K. Beatty Scholarship. If you believe your student is eligible, ask your group leader to consider a scholarship nomination. They will supply you with an application. Applications must be submitted to CHEA no later than February 28 each year. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have been privately homeschooled (not enrolled in a public school program), with their parents teaching them at home at least 51% of the time and at least 51% of the academic subjects, for at least the last four years.
- Applicants must be at least 17 by December 1 of the previous year and no older than 19 on June 30 the spring the award is granted.
- Applicant’s parents must have been CHEA Members at least two years prior to the scholarship award, with their Membership maintained through July of the scholarship award year.
- Applicants must have been members in good standing in one or more Support Network Member Groups for at least two years prior to submitting their application.
- Applicants must be accepted for admission to a college (including community college), university, or accredited career/vocational school in September of the award year.
- Applicants must be able to attend the Saturday morning General Session of the Annual Convention, if selected to receive the scholarship.